Friday, October 3, 2008

I just can't Bear it.

So, I met someone... as I mentioned before. His name is Bear, short for Barrett. Never in a million years would I have guessed that someone like me would be compatible with someone like him. But that's a whole different blog about books and their covers and all that mumbo jumbo.
Long story short we have a lot in common, get along great, my mom seems to approve so far, I like him quite a bit, and from what I can tell, he seems to like me too. So what's the problem you might ask... he's single by choice. He's still pretty hurt from his ex which I can completely understand and respect, but at the same time puts me between a rock and a hard place.
We really get along and he's openly admitted that I'm one of his best friends**** whoa, red flag ****is it just me, or does that "best friend" card get old fast? I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE having friends, I LOVE being a good friend to others, and more than anything I LOVE the concept of friends first. But I've been the recipient of this "best friend" pattern way too many times. Seems like every guy I like has to turn to me and say, "you're one of my best friends!"
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I want more than that! For crying out loud, if I treat you so well, and if I'm always there for you, and if it's more than obvious that I care about you more than anything then why not apply that to a relationship that's not JUST friends!?! ugh, what is wrong with you people!?!
Whatever, I give up. I'll just be everyone's best friend and get over it.

2 comments:

Matt Worley said...

Believe it or not sometimes you have to spell it out for these guys. I had an ENORMOUS crush on a guy and I thought I was making things blatantly obvious that I wanted to have a relationship with him...but he just continued to treat me like a friend. Years down the road I had the courage to tell him that I once liked him, and he couldn't believe that he didn't see the signs.

Guys are simple creatures. They don't get hints. You may just have to sit down and flat out tell him that you like him and want to be "more than friends".
-Katie

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I totally agree with Katie. Guys need to have it spelled out for them. They are clueless I promise. I had a guy that I was totally interested in before i went on my mission and when I came back he was seeing someone else. I found out later he had feelings for me too but he never thought that I had feelings for him because I was going on a mission. Silly boys!! Reading your post makes me think back to dating and all of the frustration/excitement/wonderful/annoyance feelings all in one.. You have to kind of let him know you are into him. Because he is probably clueless!!